The reasons I want you to know

Before you guys read this piece of mine, turn on the western classics song "Cavalleria Rusticana" by the great Mascagni. You might get a feel of what I was feeling when I wrote this. Its all about love, and its something I cant get enough of........its a magical feeling I tell you.

Haven’t slept but I cant sleep anymore,
Want to stay bright and shiny when I see you.
Find a remedy to answer anything you throw at me,
Like a dictionary or an intelligent glossary.
Take you out for a dinner and then a long walk,
An unfinished moon and infinite water with a silent, quiet voice of its own.
Surprise you with the simplest of the smiles,
Or the unseen emotion of love and desire.
Kill you with the softness of all niceties the world can yearn for,
Then make you cry over the big deal I will never make.
Make you crib about the miniscule of innocence I possess,
And then fool you with my foolishness, which I act to suppress.
Present you with a heaven, on a gold plate,
Nothing very fancy, just the usual as I had promised too.
No matter how much I try to erase the sense of loneliness I feel because of you,
It haunts me everyday, like a butterfly, which stings like a bee.
Cant stop myself from smelling you even now,
The sweetest of sweets…..the wonder I cant help scrub off.
My lips can still taste you and I cant get enough,
But the happiness is indefinable, its like finding gold in a coal mine.
Relativity once said that hours can seem like a second,
Oh, I must be in love, because now, days seem like a second.
My mum once told me to be courageous and never to cry,
This time I am more than courageous, but courageous enough to cry.
I still remember when we first met,
I even remember the first time I proposed.
I still remember the first jokes and the tricks we played,
They will be locked up in the memories, and not even the worst parts over.
I cant ask you to stay for a silly kid, just out of the blocks,
Seven seas eh!! Shit, that’s gonna hurt…..
I had met you just a day or two back,
And I still feel I said too less and made you laugh a little less,
That’s hyper-paranoid,
Just like you would have said.
Lay your head on me and hug me more than you can,
Maybe I will never be able to ask you, but its something I love about you.
I wont be able to stay anywhere close to intense or deep more than a minute,
But tonight I had to say it, and I have been serious more than ever.
Flaws I know, everybody in the universe will have,
I’m not flawless but I’m not even close to being sober,
But I try hard to hide everything from you,
Because I love you and don’t want you to know so much I don’t want you to.
You can say I am foolishly protective,
But that’s just another flaw of mine, but know this, I love you.



--4th April, 2007. 5.15 A.M. Rock on........

No comments: