I might just shag over Steven Gerrard someday

So, its 4 days for the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. And my Liverpool….oh, hell yes, people, MY Liverpool is in it. Well, hard luck that they are gonna play the sons of bitches Chelsea…..but, think my team can manage the onslaught of the blues. But, the aspect of the writing is not about Liverpool, nor over Chelsea or over anything to do with the football match. Its about fanaticism.


Being an Indian has so many disadvantages. First of all, it starts with all the shit about poverty, unemployment, etc etc…..fucking bull shit actually. Politician’s jargon on the electoral manifesto. I am talking from the forum of a young kid with ideas of world being as cold as a fridge. But from the warm desert of the heart of a kid…..the things that matter more are things like music, movies, girl friends, sex….and sports. Cricket, the entity we define as our religion. Boys my age, no matter how fetched out and fucking intellectual they get, will love this game. Slow and steady, kind and easy…are the rules of the game….and its just that. And we patriotic idiots are kind-a like that. Slow and steady, kind and easy.

Growing up, I have played more games than any young kid growing up in lanes of any city. I have played cricket and loved it and adored and cried over it. I still remember the time when India lost to Sri Lanka on the March of 13th in Calcutta. I still remember the tears I dropped over 11 men. I still remember my mom holding me and telling me that would be alright the next world cup. Cha, uselessly I cried that day. Next on the lines of cricket came football. Bloody, who the hell calls it soccer. How can a soccer field have a ball and played with balls. But, the issue is not that. (sorry, about the millions of critical views today, I am just pissed with my professors.) I have recently devoid myself of sleep and friends for the love of football. The energy and exuberance in the game deludes me. The whole idea of seeing crazy fanatics stuffed in a small field day in and day out. Like, consider the pie of my eye, Liverpool. Its unparallel stadium, the Anfield. 3 years of seeing every game of the Reds, and I have not seen one match where the Anfield has not been full. Its fucking amazing….its marvelous….its beautiful. There are actually people out there in the world who think of a single game as their religion….there might be people who might take the man, Steven Gerrard as their god. It’s a elevating thought. A new process of parallel thinking for me. A voice against those editors and journalist who would say, that India is tunneling into the whole cricket mania. Well, go on, lets go on prove them wrong.

Anyways, think its time to sleep. I have a lot of mugging to do tomorrow, so cant afford to stay awake. Oh, fyi…..Steven Gerrard is God.



(22nd April, 2007. 3.10 am. And the topic was taken from my roast during our hostel night, and apparently in my roast, I shagged over Steven Gerrard. Well, to you MFs, I’m not the only one.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
liverpool are in the semis man...anybody would after their performance.....i mean, not shag, but adore unconditionally...

ASHOK said...

i will miss you guys during finals.... just remember where ever you are.... and sing this song... you will never walk alone....

Sensational Android said...

you will never defintely walk alone...thats for sure....