Kitten

On the morning of 2nd May, while walking from my college to a tea-shop, for a fag actually, I met this interesting character. A kitten. Young, perhaps a few days old. She would have survived if I would have taken her. I wish I could. But I would have obviously imbalanced something which I don’t own. Wish, I would have imbalanced it. Now I curse myself for not taking her with me. And I dedicate it to her. The kitten.

Daringly you stand
Cold outside
Shivering you’ve learnt on your own
To teach me how to shiver.
Death is her choice
Mellows creek unfortunately
Buying some time.

Its raping me from my own human emotion.
She walks gracefully
Toddles I should say
Furry, quiet, miniscule, pretty.
She suffers it unconditionally.
Fear defies my baby,
Hate fills me inside.

Verges of tears closes by,
Options seems to open
Wide and forgivingly open
Save it, I must
But sense plays its play.

Blind I cant stay
Deaf I cant stay
Soulless I’m not.
Painless impossible.

Sensitivity creeps from inside a heart-shaped box.
It succumbs and dwells inboard
A trait I learnt from love
A trait I learnt IN love.

She scares a mongrel street dog
Even my protagonist can
But the maker, me
is scared of that as well.
Just hold on, my baby
just stay for a while, a few more days……



Updated and uploaded on the 4th of May, 2007. 3 p.m. Rock on......

4 comments:

Arun Asok said...

oh,dude awesome....whr did u get tht from. bloody,do write some more....

ASHOK said...

three cheers for that brave little heart... i was there with you but not on your side.... i feel really sad for that... rock on

Sensational Android said...

thanks ash and arun...nice to know that you appreciate the writing. especially ash...dude, u were thr. it was quite depressing....well, thanks again...

Anonymous said...

kitten?? when did u become a meloncholic peta member man...anyways, nice one!!