A Conversation Within.......

(In around 10 days I leave my college, to Bangalore, to pursue a job. The conversation ranged the whole of my last 4 months here in Chennai. Hope it gives an insight into me)



The writer: “Hey, people…bad news, man. Our protagonist here (patting his old friend on the back), is leaving this city for a new venture. Leaving for a city which people called the city of thousand gardens. The city now harboring a million jobs afloat. Well, our little tambourine man has grown up.”

The Protagonist: “ Well, will miss these times of conversation among some friends and foes.”

The Optimist: “Too bad your leaving, protagonist. Used to like some moments with you. But guess, things will be a hell lot better. It’s a place where the future is bright, better try it out.”

The Hangover: “I would love it…hic…there. Loads of booze and hopefully lots of aspirins for the morning…hic….by the way, knock some babes there…..snore….”

The Creep: “Absolutely man, knock some shit out of some chicks, dude. Tell them a story, get them a drink and who knows….bang, bang, thank you ma’m. Ha, that would be fun…..Bangalore….the city of thousand beds. Ha!”

The Pessimist: “Creep, fuck man. Look at our protagonist. Does he look remotely the kind of person who can attract hordes of woman….”

The Protagonist: “Fuck you man. (with a sly grin, knowing well, he is going to be disappointed after the Pessimist finishes his lines)”.

The Pessimist: “Ha, gotchya going huh. Anyways, shall say this….get ready to get fucked hard in Bangalore. Unimpressed bosses, ugly tenants, crowded buses, alien auto-walla’s, long distance love, long hours, infuriated clients, fatigue, exhaustion, taxes….your gonna be called old….old as a senile man. Enjoy, man.”

The Disappointed: “Oh, I’m depressed. No way am I going away from here. Will find some way to stay back here in the cool, beautiful, magnificent piece of earth. I’ll be more than disappointed if I change.”

The Hope: “Think it will be alright. Its always been that way. Fate has a unique way of molding everyone to engrave themselves in any place they go. New or old. So, protagonist, it will be just fine….trust me….its gonna be JUST fine….”

The Disappointed: “Well, that was crap, Mr. Hope. But hope your right in some mystical way. Think I’m convinced, yup, am cheerful now for a while.”

The Frolic: “Hey. Dudes. Look at the bastard (pointing at our protagonist). He is feeling confused. Chill man…..chill. C’mon, you cant tell me that after living a nomad’s life for 21 years, think you can mange there…..”

The Protagonist: “But….this IS new. Very new. A start I’m so not sure of.”

The Frolic: “Ya, I know that. But dil pe mat le yaar, haath main le (Don’t take it to your heart, take it in your hands and enjoy.)”

The Protagonist: “True man, true.(Finally a smile arrives on his usually smiley face). The hand gives more pleasure than anything. (With a middle finger) Up yours, pessimist.

The Confidence: “But dude….umm…well. Are you sure. What if its not fun. What if its seriously fucked up?”

(The Protagonist looks down and hopes to find an answer to that question.)

(After a while, the Protagonist’s mother speaks out and tell him what to do)

The Philosopher(the mother): “At the end of the tunnel, there is always light. Unless you explore the unexplored, you may never know what there is. Assume that you know nothing, and probably you’ll learn some things new, untouched and intact. Made for you, in gold carvings. So, explore the new world, you will learn to deal with it.”

The Protagonist: “ What about the woman I’m going to be far away from.”

The Love: “Its ok. Its alright. We are same, there is nothing to cry……we can always fight and have fun when we can. Don’t worry about simple things like moving away.”

The Protagonist: “I’m not going away far, baby. Your still here, hope you understand. I’m sure your not so stubborn.”

The Writer: “Ah, think our boy is going to Bangalore then. Toast to him. And oh, his room and the posters in his room. Ha, and to his youth and his joyous heart.”

The Youth and the Joyous Heart(in unison): “Hey, we are going with him to Bangalore. He owes us a lot, and think he has to give us a party…..”

The Writer: “Well, its decided. Youth and Joyous Heart are coming with you, Protagonist. Are you cool with that?”

The Protagonist(cheerfully): “ABSOLUTELY MAN. I’d love their company. Well, its time to go now…..gotta start preparing my bags. Ciao.”


------the end------


17th May, 2007. 8.10 P.M. Bangalore, here I come.(Took me close to 3 hours to write this. Definitely my longest.)

Was listening to: The album “Come away with me” by Norah Jones.


5 comments:

ASHOK said...

so many voices... satisfaction... clourfull... well managed and well written... that is all i can comment.... reduce the screen time atleast for some voices... that makes our life happy right???... no sentiments... get hard and going...

Saurabh said...

very well written. and I hope you retain all the shades of your personality in true essence, no matter which new chapters of life unfold. Good luck, man!

crystal ship said...

:)...wow!...tht was some post!....
ve linked u:)...hope u dont mind!

andréas said...

Man thats crazy, we meshure our temp. in *c (celcius) so it's summer heat up here 20*c.

I listen alot to Arctic monkeys and Muse, I like Muse older albums more thoug. What do you think about Arctic Monkeys new album then ?

Yeah, I'd love it if you wrote about me !

Peace and Love, Andréas

Erik said...

I can relate a lot of things with this work....Mind, Soul, Characteristic of a Human Being....

Brilliant.....You caught the fish of Emotions...In 3 Hrs....