Just for the sake of rhyming…….

Travel.
Traveled far and beyond with airway-imagination
Traveled fast in cars with no airbag protection
Traveled slow and steady in my lovely chemical reaction
Traveled light and heavy in my hearts imputation
Traveled clear in a cloudy guilt foundation
Traveled blindly to places to simply avoid desolation.


A Thing called Friendship.
“Ha”, was the word in our land
Little concave, but we overacted like a rock band
In laughter we swiveled away like the beach sand
Never took the retorts to heart, always used our hand
Sarcasm was usual, in spaces- exciting, in places- bland
Raised a few fingers on institutions, reminded us of our special gland.


Drugs.
Stole for pleasure and a reason which I didn’t mean
Then in an ocean of guilt, I dived lowly in my own submarine
In a make believe bubble, tried hard to come clean
But I lied again, for the happiness of my adrenaline
The stealing made me a little high, places I have never seen
The sound finally muted, and I was left with a furnished serene.


Love.
We were going fast
Since our time we had were not to last
So we went without a plan, straight fire and blast
We searched for the wind to raise our mast
Young we were, innocent, plain chaste
Diluted our heart in the future; overlooking the past.


Singular I.
I am normal, the epitome of a cloudy youth
Frank and free and blunt, vodka in sprite dilute
Never flying too high; trying to prove my words as if I was a mute
A cigarette with friends is where I found a perfect soothe
I lied to myself, but to my love I found the criticizing truth
If I was the car, she was the person to find me the route.



Was listening to: "Epiphany" by Staind. (Click here to listen)

4 comments:

Prerona said...

very nice! fresh :)
i like the soundtrack too :D

Me said...

love the travel part.... lovely work...:)

Saurabh said...

nice... !

Kokonad said...

Hey, cool post! You should write. Why are you an engineer? :P