Apost

I drink more vodka than I drink water,
I smoke more cigarette smoke than the amount of air I breathe,
I eat more junk food than a normal person’s dinner,
I live more life than immortals.


I protest more than I speak,
I act more in crisis than actors,
I choke on words, more than people who call it conversation,
I screw up things more than a screw-driver.


I bottle up more than a coca-cola bottle with chili pizza,
I trouble you more than when we were in love,
I sing more than the number of songs sung,
I lie more to you than to myself.


I cough more own dreams than a cancer patient,
I stay awake more forcefully, hurting myself, than an insomnia patient,
I laugh more than a crying clown,
I cry more than a laughing clown.


I have dreamt more than the dreamer on the movies,
I slept more for those dreams than gods, who had nothing to do and made us,
I started more often than an athlete on his get-set mark,
I stopped more to start all over better.



Was listening to: “Shine on you Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd.

17th of September, 2007.

3 comments:

imperfect said...

its nice to see expression in its purest and simplest form.
All that u wrote, is something all of us have felt at sometime or the other!
:)

crystal ship said...

wow....now i shud b sayin welcom to my world!! except the first 4 lines ofcourse:P

crystal ship said...

yea...i jus seem to lov d name o my blog:P.....oh n i lov floyd:)...his songs hav a lot f depth...very inspiring...